Are you looking for software that will help you improve productivity? Are you looking for a way to communicate at your firm?
You might want to explore it a bit more because of the amazing benefits. This will help to make sure you invest in the right platform for a longer interval.
Is there a better choice for your business? Will you make a good investment?
We will help you make the right decision by showing you features and benefits.
What is SharePoint?
Microsoft has a web-based platform called Microsoft SharePoint Online. It can be used with Microsoft Office to share and store files. It is a document and content management system.
There is a secure workspace for organizations to coordinate and communicate. You can build tasks and track schedules.
The method to use SharePoint:
- Go to microsoft365 and choose the app you want to use from the menu.
- Click on the page you want to create.
- The team site should be chosen.
- The design of your website is what you choose.
- correct details include name and description
- Click Finish to finish the setup.
Why are SharePoint document libraries vital?
“They are used as a containing space for your members’ lists. It’s possible to have a separate library for every client, internal department, and partner in SharePoint. Users have access to the documents and content when they click on the library.”
The best way to use the document library is by using the above methods.
- You can choose the documents in the left-vertical pane.
- To add new items, please choose new. You can drag and drop files in the current library folder.
- You can open a Microsoft Office file in the app.
- Modern web apps allow you to change the file with other people. You can still check out a file and stop others from working on it at the same time.
What is the purpose of SharePoint?
1. SharePoint Lists
You can manage the information using sharepoint lists and libraries. SharePoint lists are similar to spreadsheets that consist of rows and columns. It is available to users after concurrent access to avoid any hassle in the data.
The web-based features of the project management system make it easy to create, update, remove or review items in the list.
2. SharePoint Workflows
The set of decisions and tasks give you the outcomes. They are similar to an automated application that handles standard business processes. To save your time and effort, you can use a set of templates in SharePoint. Consistency and efficiency can be gained by this.
There are different roles that are linked to the workflows.
- Creator: The person who will create the template of workflow.
- Author: The person who will configure the workflow of your organization using a workflow template.
- Initiator: This person will start a new workflow instance for a list item or document. They have permission to terminate the workflow if needed.
- Participant: This individual performs the task associated with the workflow
3. SharePoint Search
Users can enter and execute search queries with this basic feature. The recent website is where the scope of search is. The application processes the query and returns the results.
Links to libraries, lists, sites, documents, or web pages may be included in the search results. Permissions, previous searches, and the context in responding to your queries are required for the search engine in Microsoft SharePoint online. If you add words to the search box, it will return solutions.
4. SharePoint Libraries
The host can use it to store, group, modify, filter, and capture vital data about the content stored. The library can be used to store the data content.
A library allows the members to manage, create, collect, and update files collaboratively. One of the many benefits of SharePoint is that you also get access to a great number of default libraries for specific purposes. You get the freedom to use default library apps to build new libraries.
5. SharePoint Project Site
There are components in this template that support project management.
- The project summary is about the project.
- The task timelines.
- “There’s a task list.”
- There is a calendar.
- There is a document library
- Features of built-in task management.
It is easy to handle tasks and projects with this method.
What are the pros and cons of SharePoint?
Pros of SharePoint
- Many Features: It has a diverse set of features like task management, document management, security information, and asset library. This gives your organization a seamless experience in sharing, managing, and storing information in the digital world.
- Office 365 Integration: Office 365 products work seamlessly with SharePoint. Your organization can leverage all products and connect them with SharePoint.
- Integration: There are great exclusive functionalities with SharePoint. You can also integrate extensions with existing businesses, including CRM and ERM. This will make it easier for organizations to get access to information.
- Customization: Many organizations are choosing SharePoint as it can be molded to meet various business requirements. It gives you different types of enterprise solutions, intranets, portals, collaborative workspaces, and more.
- Reliability: With Microsoft support, you can rely upon solutions during setup, installation, and more. They will provide answers to the technical problems you come across in SharePoint.
- Collaboration: SharePoint aims to increase employee participation if used properly. You can use it as a central hub for messages, video chat, schedule meetings, and other productivity tools.
- Data Security: Microsoft SharePoint online has advanced level protection. The data transmissions are protected using the best encryption method. There is two-factor authentication to identify the correct users.
Cons of SharePoint
- Less Control: Once you move to cloud services, you get control of the front-end and could disrupt your business requirements.
- Increases Bandwidth: It is a slow and painful experience after migrating with Office 365 and may increase your bandwidth.
- Extra Development Efforts: Consider the additional time, issues, and cost required in case of integration. This might affect the productivity of the employees.
- Extensive Features are complicated: With a wide range of SharePoint features and benefits, you get confused. It consumes more time to invest in tailoring the perfect features and functions.
The Last Takeaway!
The best features, pros and cons of SharePoint have been provided by us. It is perfect for small, medium, and large businesses that need team collaboration for projects.